Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hot Dish

Susan gave me this recipe to make for a friend when she was sick and needed something that I could make ahead of time and she would have no preparation needed to feed her family. I have not made this for my family yet..but it is on my list to try!! Mark loves it!!

  • Creamette Brand spaghetti elbow macaroni noodles (I like these because they are a little smaller than regular elbow macaroni and don’t get so squishy. Use about a half of a 1# box.
  • Can of corn (drained well)
  • Ground beef (about 2#, browned in salt, pepper, and chopped onions)
  • 1 can of tomato soup
  • 1 28oz.can of crushed or whole tomatoes(if you use whole, just squish them yourself in a bowl ahead of mixing with other ingredients)

Boil noodles, and then set aside.

Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, onion. Drain very well. Set aside.

Put in pan tomato soup (not mixed) just the soup. Add tomatoes. Then add drained corn. Then next the meat. Finally, add the noodles. You may have to add more tomatoes (even tomato sauce works). You may need more noodles too. It is all hit and miss. However, this recipe is quite accurate, I am sure. If the hot dish needs more seasoning, you may add more and pepper to it when it is all mixed.

No comments: