Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stuffed Peppers

Great Meal!!! This came from Betty himself (I read somewhere that "Betty" was actually two men). I made mine with half a jar of Prego (I had it leftover in my fridge) and I skipped the cheese and it was great!! I will try the sauce it calls for next time but I did not have it available today!!

6 large green peppers
1 pound ground beef
2 tbs chopped onion
1 cup cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)

1. Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers.

2. Cook ground beef and onion in skillet, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in cooked rice, salt, garlic salt and 1 cup of tomato sauce; heat until hot.Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand upright in square 8-inch by 8-inch pan. Pour remaining sauce over peppers.

3. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese. (Can be frozen, just don't add the cheese until baking).

No comments: