Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spaghetti Meat Sauce

I found this original post on Allrecipies.com but after I browned the meat I moved it to the strainer and then I sautéed one green pepper and 2 cloves of fresh garlic for about 5 minutes before I added the rest of the ingredients back to the pot. Also, I didn't have stewed tomatoes so I added a can of whole tomatoes, liquid and all. Very easy, quick and way better then the jar!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed
tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms,
drained

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion until brown; drain. Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic powder, oregano and mushrooms into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer one hour. Serve over hot pasta.


No comments: